About this Event
550 E. Spring Street, Oxford, OH 45056
Dance Theatre: Annual Winter Concert
Dec. 2 and 3
Open Fifth, an acapella singing group at Miami will perform at the Saturday concert.
There is a TalkBack after the Saturday concert, providing an opportunity to meet the choreographers and dancers and ask questions.
Tickets are free for Miami students with their student ID at the Wilks Theater box office before the concert, $10 students/seniors: $12 in advance general admission and $15 at the door. Contact the Box Office/Home Office in NCW Hall or online
Dance Theatre’s eclectic style continues to include elements of many dance forms—from modern to contemporary to jazz. The concert features music that ranges from contemporary to jazz to performance artist Laurie Anderson.
- Walking and Falling and…, choreographed by Dance Theatre Company director Lana Kay Rosenberg, is set to music is by performance artist Laurie Anderson.
- I Haven’t Seen You Smile in a While by guest choreographer Onjélee Phomthirath, uses a music compilation of work by Howard Harper Jones, Aron Van Sell & Addie Son, and Phillip G Anderson and Ayako Kikuchi.
- Guest choreographer Maddie Welsh ’19 choreographed Boundless, her second guest work for the company. The dance is set to music by contemporary minimalist composer, Philip Glass.
- Juniors Annabella Papson and MiaBella Stockle collaborated on choregraphing a dance with two sections and the mucis Infinite Love Emile Mosseri and Dreaming Awake by My Brightest Diamond.
- Liv Warner, a sophomore, Arts Management major, choreographed is choreographing, Back in the Groove of Things with Vulfpeck’s instrumental soul music titled, Rango II,
- Ilara Pritchard, a senior Architecture major with a Dance minor, choreographe they were wrong, set to the music of Shane Koyczaan, To This Day, and the Short Story Long.
- Rose Kurutz, a Strategic Communications major with a co-major in Arts Management and a minor in TheatreArts, has choreographed The Rhythm Thief with a cast of 10 dancers featuring music by the artist Sparks.